2018 Race Date: Saturday, March 17 @ 10 am
Anchors Aweigh 5K
SPECIAL ST. PATRICK’S DAY THEME, SATURDAY, MARCH 17, 2018
Date: Saturday, March 17, 2018
This site will be the home for all race information for participants and volunteers, such as maps, registration, directions, and anything else we can think of.
Greetings, 2018 Anchors Aweigh Racers!
Saturday, March 17, 2018 is the 6th Annual Anchors Aweigh Chesapeake Isle 5k Run / Walk! Please take a few moments of your time to read some important race information.
On-line registration is open and will remain open through Friday, March 16. Use this link to register and please forward it to your friends and family. Use one of the two sites below to register:
If you prefer a paper registration, download and mail in our form: AA5k 2018 Reg form
Registration is available in the following categories:
- 5K Registration only, run or walk 5K. (10 am) Includes event shirt, post-race water & snacks at the pavilion. $25 for pre-registered, $30 for day-of-race registration
- 5K & Post-Race Party , 21+ (11 am – 1 pm), includes the above plus a St. Patrick’s Day themed afterparty. Corned beef & cabbage, some grillin’ & chillin’, beer, soda & water. $35.00 (must be 21 or over – ID will be checked and colored wristband must be worn to consume alcoholic beverages)
- 5K & Afterparty, ages 10- 20 or over 21 but not drinking beer (11 am – 1 pm), includes the above plus a St. Patrick’s Day themed afterparty. Corned beef & cabbage, some grillin’ & chillin’, soda & water. $32.00 (colored wristband will be provided)
- 5k & Post-Race Party, under 10 – no extra charge ($25.00)
- Post-Race Party ONLY, 21+(11 am – 1 pm), For those of you who don’t want to race but will want to get an early start on the St. Paddy’s Day weekend! St. Patrick’s Day themed afterparty. Corned beef & cabbage, some grillin’ & chillin’, beer, soda & water. $15.00 (must be 21 or over – ID will be checked and colored wristband must be worn to consume alcoholic beverages)
- Post-Race Party ONLY, ages 10- 20 or not drinking beer (11 am – 1 pm), For those of you who don’t want to race but will want to get an early start on the St. Paddy’s Day weekend! St. Patrick’s Day themed afterparty. Corned beef & cabbage, some grillin’ & chillin’, soda & water. $10.00 (colored wristband will be provided)
- Post-Race Party ONLY, under 10 – $5.00
We will also accept registrations on the day of the event, so procrastinators are welcome! Exact change or personal check is preferred.
Cost is $25 to pre-register and $30 on the day of the race for the 5K only.
Day of registrations for the afterparty will be accepted also, but PLEASE try to preregister so we know how many to prepare for! $5.00 extra for day-of-event registration in all categories.
Proceeds from this event will benefit the Chesapeake Isle Civic Association. We want everyone to have a good time with plenty to eat and drink, but we don’t want to waste food or money. Preregistration allows us to adequately purchase and prepare enough for everyone without winding up with a lot of waste.
Those registering for the 5K by March 9th will be guaranteed a race shirt in their choice of size. Those registering after March 9th may get a shirt if quantities allow. We do our best to order enough for everyone who registers.
The race will begin near the pavilion area in the private community of Chesapeake Isle. There will be signs posted, but the easiest way to get to the start is to simply turn left onto Darrel Road off of Route 272. If you stay straight on Darrel Rd, it will take you right to the parking area/starting line area.
Here is a link to Google Maps:
This is an important one, folks. Parking will be very limited. While most of the participants of this event live in the community, we do have a good number of folks that are coming in from outside the area. If you live in the community, PLEASE consider walking to the start, carpooling, and allowing your out-of-town guests to park at your home. Primary parking for those who need it will be the pavilion parking lot. Overflow parking will be at the harbor area. There will be parking marshals on site to assist everyone. Please follow their instructions, and please do not park along the pavilion road for the safety of all participants. The overflow parking area is about a brisk 10 minute walk to the start, so please allow yourself plenty of time.
This USATF certified 5k (3.1 mile) road course has 3 turn- around points in order to keep it within the community. There will be 12 course marshals along the race. One will be stationed at every turn throughout the course. Please follow their directions as they are there to guide you in the right direction and to keep you safe. Click http://www.usatf.org/events/courses/maps/showMap.asp?courseID=MD13002LMJ to view the course map.
PACKET PICKUP / DAY-OF REGISTRATION
Packet pickup and day-of registration will be available at the pavilion. Here you will be able to get your combined race bib/timing chip, and your T-shirt (if you pre-registered by the deadline). Pick-up will occur from 9AM until 9:45 AM. The race starts promptly at 10:00AM and the course closes at 12 noon.
We are so thankful to our wonderful sponsors! Their contributions make it possible for our race to happen and to be able to provide goodies!
Blue Cheetah Sports Timing
Beiler/Campbell Real Estate
Captain Chris’ Crab Shack
Central Air Duct Cleaning
Herr’s Snack Foods
RESTROOMS / WATER STATIONS / FOOD
There will be restrooms available before and after the race at the community pavilion. There are no portable restrooms along the course, so please plan your nature breaks accordingly! There will be food and water available following the event at the pavilion area.
RESULTS & AWARDS
Age group winners will be recognized post-race at the awards ceremony. Results will be posted to www.bluecheetahtiming.com/results following the event.
Post-race festivities will take place under the pavilion.
In 5 years, we have had: 1. Beautiful Weather 2. Rain, rain, and more rain 3. Snow – in April 4. Rain, wind, and then as soon as the race was done – SUN! 5. Beautiful weather! In other words, be prepared for anything! Click here for the forecast — we are a week out and looking good!
There is no bag check available, however, you may leave items such as jackets under the pavilion.
We look forward to seeing all of you on March 17th and we wish you the best of luck!
The Chesapeake Isle 5k Race Committee
Chris, Andrea, and Diana